Garcinia Cambogia Extract Vs African Mango
by Administrator on Aug 21, 2013
Both the Garcinia Cambogia and African Mango are popular fruits, which have been researched and studied by different nutrition experts for their weight loss capabilities. Though they are from different species of fruits, some doctors have shown that both the Garcinia Cambogia and African mango to significantly aid patients who want to lose weight. Extracts from these fruits have been studied by experts through experiments wherein both have been shown to be effective in reducing weight in their test population. Here is a quick guide about both fruits:
- Sometimes referred to as the tamarind, the Garcinia Cambogia is a yellow fruit that may be found in Southeast Asia, India and Central Africa.
- The Garcinia Cambogia extract is taken from its rind, and it contains Hydroxycitric Acid. This acid suppresses the appetite by helping to increase serotonin levels in the brain. People who have unhealthy eating habits (such as emotional eaters) may benefit from Garcinia Cambogia extract because of its effect on the brain’s serotonin levels. Increased serotonin levels would mean the person taking it has an improved mood, which would decrease stress eating and binge eating.
- Garcinia Cambogia acts as an appetite suppressant. It helps control cravings and hunger, which means the person taking the extract, would only eat as much as his or her body really needs. Since it’s a big problem for some people to control their appetite, taking the Garcinia Cambogia extract would lessen the intake of unnecessary calories.
- Its extract also helps the body flush out the unwanted body fat through the digestive system. Since the fat cells are prevented from forming, they are pushed out of the body as waste.
- The African mango can be found atop the huge irvingia gabonensis tree, which is typically found in the Central and West African rain forests.
- The African mango seed is the source of the extract, which helps people lose weight. The extract has been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels and improve diabetes control due to its high fiber content.
- The African mango also contains the hormone Leptin that influences metabolism, weight loss, and immunity. This hormone has also been dubbed the “satisfaction hormone” because it sends signals of fullness to the person’s brain so the body will be less likely to crave food. Emotional eaters would greatly benefit from this since Leptin gives the body a feeling of fullness, which helps curb the appetite, and thus make emotional eaters less likely to eat during times of stress.
- Dr. Oz, a popular TV doctor, has discussed the African mango on TV. He says it is especially beneficial to women over the age of 40 who struggle with their weight. However, adults of all ages and genders would still benefit from the effects of the African mango extract.
The natural ingredients in both these fruits have been shown to deliver significant results. However, more tests and studies need to be done in order to find definitive proof that both the Garcinia Cambogia and African mango extract directly affect the body’s ability to lose weight and increase its metabolism.
Can't decide between which of these products to choose from? There are supplements like Primal Lean from Dr. Al Sears that combined both these products together into one.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 19, 2013 How does Raspberry Ketone Extract Work for Weight Loss? by Administrator
- Oct 19, 2013 How Can You Benefit from Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA)? by Administrator
- Oct 19, 2013 Garcinia Cambogia vs. Green Coffee Beans by Administrator
- Sep 1, 2013 What is Raspberry Ketone Extract? by Administrator
- Sep 1, 2013 The Importance of Multivitamin Supplements When Dieting by Administrator